Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Update on Green progress

Buying local produce has so far been quite simple, but certain other goods (such as dried pasta, rice, and the like) has so far seemed impossible, and while I would like to be able to buy things like fresh pasta from the Bellingham Pasta Company, I do have a certain budget that I have to operate in. As soon as I find a little more time to do the research I'd like to look into which companies come the closest to being local producers.
As for using Green Energy, we have just transfered all the bills from an old roommate into my name, and I haven't gotten the account number yet so that I can sign up for the Green Power program, but as soon as it shows up I plan on it.
I haven't made any progress on buying things in recycled containers, because I haven't had to buy anything other than food, though I do try to bring back the plastic bags I get bulk food items in to reuse them.

As for my travel, I'm looking for carpools to get to most of the places I need to go, but I can't cut out flying for certain things. I did look into websites that let you purchase carbon credits, but I need to do some more budget planning before that becomes a real possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment